Jesus, Jesus, I am running to you!
Please click this link for the video version of today's blog :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38msx6EqWmQ
Bishop Silas conducting Vancouver Oratorio Society, VOS Chamber and Schola Cantorum singing Parry's I was Glad:
https://youtu.be/Qr4RThsdEjY?si=wh3sT_i3QE8kTgX6
Bishop Silas conducting Schola Cantorum Emmanuel and Vancouver Oratorio Chamber Choir singing Palestrina's O Beata Trinitas:
https://youtu.be/O4wiyr8oa_Y?si=l_cp4aRfVMRzaL6b
Silence
Today's Time with Abba: Psalm 107:33-43, Isaiah 66:1-24; Philippians 3:4-21; Proverbs 24:15-16
Please click this link for today's Time with Abba one year Bible: http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/
To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link:http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/
Key passage:
“ But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:7-8, 13-14
The topic I received today from Jesus is: Jesus, Jesus, I am running to you!
What I see is an athlete running towards the goal, the red line. And I see this athlete throwing a lot of things that he thinks are treasures, like silver and gold, fame and power, desires....and he keeps on running and keeps on throwing. At first I see his eyes are looking at those treasures he threw away, and he still holds tight those he thinks is the most valuable treasures. Then I see he throws all those away and focusing at the goal, the red line and there standing Jesus smiling at him. Then, I see him running and running and crying out "Jesus, Jesus, I am running to you!"
Reflect on these questions:
1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
2. What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus, to be holy - that is to do what Jesus wants you to do and not to do what Jesus wants you not to do? Family Corner: Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message.
Please click this link to Old Testament Psalm 107 blog: Please click this link to today's Old Testament Isaiah 66:1-24blog and video:
Please click this link to today's Old Testament Proverbs 24 blog:
For the Chinese version of this daily blog and video, please click this link (中文版請按此連結):
My first blog "Devotion on Fire" was written in English only (July 17, 2009年7月17日至November 22, 2012年11月22日). Each day one chapter of Bible, from New Testament and then Old Testament. Completed in four months and three years:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/blessings-from-rev-dr-john-stott.html
My second blog "Discipler 123" was written in both Chinese and English (March 6,2011to December 31, 2016 ):
https://discipler123.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-1-choose-light-away-from-darkness.html
and "Time with Abba" blog and video (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2024):
http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/blessings-from-rev-dr-john-stott.html
My second blog "Discipler 123" was written in both Chinese and English (March 6,2011to December 31, 2016 ):
https://discipler123.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-1-choose-light-away-from-darkness.html
and "Time with Abba" blog and video (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2024):
Connecting Workshop 2025(Session 2)
Bishop Silas Ng on Three Streams



Comments
Post a Comment