This is the time for you to sing with all your might to God!

 



 

Please click this link for the video version of today's blog :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blbmu_oyA6s

Bishop Silas conducting Vancouver Oratorio Society, VOS Chamber and Schola Cantorum singing Parry's I was Glad:

https://youtu.be/Qr4RThsdEjY?si=wh3sT_i3QE8kTgX6

Bishop Silas conducting Schola Cantorum Emmanuel and Vancouver Oratorio Chamber Choir singing Palestrina's O Beata Trinitas:

https://youtu.be/O4wiyr8oa_Y?si=l_cp4aRfVMRzaL6b



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
      2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

     Praise and Thanksgiving
1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile. 
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.          **Sing a song to praise the Lord

      Please click this link to worship with us - 
      
       Be with You: City Harvest Church, Singapore


      10,000 Reasons

      
     Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method) 

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:
     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:
     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

**Please click this link to read how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.
             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.
             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

Today's Time with Abba: Psalm 98:1-9, Ecclesiastes 4:1-6:12;  2 Corinthians 6:14-7:7; Proverbs 22:16

Please click this link for today's Time with Abba one year Bible: http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/

To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link:http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/


Key passage:  

     Sing to the Lord a new song,
    for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
    have worked salvation for him.
     The Lord has made his salvation known
    and revealed his righteousness to the nations.
He has remembered his love
    and his faithfulness to Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
    the salvation of our God.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
    burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the Lord with the harp,
    with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn—
    shout for joy before the Lord, the King.
Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it.
Let the rivers clap their hands,
    let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the Lord,
    for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
    and the peoples with equity.

                                           Psalm 98:1-9


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through today's TWA passages we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to Him.

The topic I received today from Jesus is: This is the time for you to sing with all your might to God!

      Praise the Lord that He led me to experience a miracle yesterday!
    After I led our Monday to Friday 7am to 7:30am Zoom Prayer Meeting, the Holy Spirit led me to count how many "I" are there from Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:26. When I was counting, tears came non-stop and there are 64 times the word "I" , "Me", "Myself", "My" from that 33 verses! 

     Let's read from 2:1-11  just 11 verses, there are 33 times words of "I", 'Me", "Myself", "My":

      I said to myself, “Come now, I will test you with pleasure to find out what is good.” But that also proved to be meaningless. “Laughter,” I said, “is madness. And what does pleasure accomplish?” I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly—my mind still guiding me with wisdom. I wanted to see what was good for people to do under the heavens during the few days of their lives.

I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards. I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees.I bought male and female slaves and had other slaves who were born in my house. I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone in Jerusalem before me. I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired male and female singers, and a harem as well—the delights of a man’s heart. I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me. In all this my wisdom stayed with me.

10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
    I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
    and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
    and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
    nothing was gained under the sun.


     


     Then the Holy Spirit led me to have a research on when did King Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes. According to Ecclesiastes 1: 12:

       "I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem."

      Solomon used past tense to tell us he was no more king when he wrote Ecclesiastes. According to commentators, Solomon died in 931BC, Solomon wrote  Ecclesiastes around 935 BC to 931 BC, a very short period before he died.

      "I" was the awakening message that the Holy Spirit revealed to Solomon before he died. Since God created Adam and Eve, we have the image of God, and all those who are not willing to give back the "lordship" to God take the lordship himself/herself, sit on God's throne to judge other people and never be satisfied because Solomon found out and recorded in 3:11:

        He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 

      Until we repent and give back the Lordship to God that we enter into that eternal intimate relationship with God daily, we will never be satisfied because no one can truly satisfy us except God Himself!

     Today is wonderful!
     Today's Psalm is wonderful, calling us to use all our might to sing to God and to use every possible instruments we have to praise the Lord with God's created nature!

      Why?

      Because God comes to judge this world which is without justice!

      And, when I was starting to write today's blog, Jesus asked me to count how many word "Lord", "He", "God" are there in the nine verses of Psalm 98:1-9 and there are 19 times!

      When we put the "I' always like Solomon, there is no "eternal peace, eternal life" in us and we never satisfy. When we praise God each day and put God in the first place, everything turns to become JOY, PEACE!

      Yes, let's praise the Lord with everything we have in this dark days of this world full of chaos and all kinds of disasters  to welcome the coming of the Lord of lords and King of kings!

   
     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us to praise you with everything we have in this dark days of this world full of chaos and all kinds of disasters to welcome you as the Lord of lords and King of kings. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.


Reflect on these questions:    

1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?

     2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus, to be holy - that is to do what Jesus wants you to do and not to do what Jesus wants you not to do?
    
     Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 

       
       Please click this link to Old Testament Psalm 97 blog: 
       
     
       Please click this link to today's Old Testament Ecclesiastes 1:1-3:22 blog and video:

       Please click this link to today's Old Testament Proverbs 22 blog:  


   For the Chinese version of this daily blog and video, please click this link (中文版請按此連結):
     
     

       My first blog "Devotion on Fire"  was written in English only  (July 17, 2009年7月17日至November 22, 2012年11月22日). Each day one chapter of Bible, from New Testament and then Old Testament. Completed in four months and three years:

http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/blessings-from-rev-dr-john-stott.html

My second blog "Discipler 123"  was written in both Chinese and English (March 6,2011to December 31, 2016 ):

https://discipler123.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-1-choose-light-away-from-darkness.html

and "Time with Abba" blog and video (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2024): 

https://discipler123.blogspot.com/2017/01/1-2017.html

 

 

Connecting Workshop 2025(Session 2)

Bishop Silas Ng on Three Streams

 https://youtu.be/xiSOSFF9Iw0?si=puDWFD9Cx01ADm-o

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They obeyed their forefather's command, but you have not obey me!

Yes, Sir. Aye, Aye Sir!

I am the Lord!